Last Updated on September 14, 2020 by True Buddy
In this article, we will know every important aspect of MAH CET exams.
What is MAH CET and Who Conducts This Exam?
MAH CET is a computer-based entrance test for admission to various MBA and MMS programs affiliated to universities in Maharashtra.
This state-level MBA entrance exam is conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra.
Every year this exam is held in March. Based on the percentile score, the counseling is done in June-July for admission to various MBA institutes.
MAH CET MBA eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Maharashtra CET exam are quite relaxed. Hence, the majority of the students can participate in this MBA entrance exam.
- MAH CET Exam Age Limit – There is no age limit to write the Maharashtra CET exam. This means that apart from students, working professional and even retired persons can also appear in this MBA entrance exam.
- MAH CET Exam Qualification Criteria – The only criteria for the CAT exam is having a bachelor’s degree, with no less than 50% or equal CGPA. For reserved categories, the educational criteria for the CET entrance exam is having a bachelor’s degree with no less than 45%.
- Number of Attempts for MAH CET – There is no cap on the number of attempts for the MAH CET.
- Final Year Appearing Students – Students appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination can also take this common entrance test. However, on getting selected such students will be required to produce their graduation certificate for getting admission to MBA college.
MAH CET 2021 Syllabus
While you are preparing for the Maharashtra CET MBA entrance exam, the first thing that you should be aware of is its syllabus.
Though there is a syllabus provided at the official website of MAH Cet, students preparing for this MBA entrance exam must take a detailed look into every section.
Logical / Abstract Reasoning
This section shall include the questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think. The test may have questions based on Figures, Diagrams, and Verbal reasoning.
This section shall include the questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with
numbers. It would include Numerical calculations, understanding of various Arithmetic problems, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, etc. This test also helps to measure your power of Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of tables, Common graphs, and Charts.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
This section shall include passages with questions based on their contents to test your comprehension. Your English Language ability would be tested through questions on Grammar, Vocabulary, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, Comprehension of passages, etc. Your English language ability would be tested through questions on (1) Understanding of the contents of the passage and (2) Choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions, and similar language skills.
Section Wise Number of Questions, Marking Scheme and Time
|Examination Section||No of Questions|
|Verbal Ability / Reading|
- The total marks of this exam are 200
- 1 mark for each question
- There is no negative marking system for this test- Hence a student should attempt all the questions.
- The MAH CET test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions with 5 options.
- The total duration of Exam: 2 hours 30 Minutes
- Mode of MAH CET Examination – Computer-based
- The medium of MAH CET: English
How to Prepare for MAH CET
MAH CET is an easier exam compare to the CAT exam. If you already have prepared and appeared in the CAT exam, you can very comfortably prepare for CET. Also, the CAT exam is conducted in November while the MAH CET exam is taken in March. Hence you get four months to further tone up your preparation.
Here are some of the steps we recommend you follow for a good percentile in MAH CET.
- Stick to a time table giving equal focus to all the sections
- Practice as much as possible to bring efficiency and accuracy
- Solve a few series of MAH CET mock tests
- Go through your mistakes and their analysis. This is extremely important to help you cover up your weak areas.
- Solve previous year question of MBA CET,
- Do not forget to attempt all the questions even during your MAH CET mock test.
Some Key Information About MAH CET
- More than 1 lakh students appear in this MBA entrance exam every year.
- A computer-based exam is conducted in the selected cities in Maharashtra & a few other states.
- More than 300 colleges accept the MAH CET score for admission in the MBA program.
- Students need to apply an online application with an application fee of 1000 rupees
- 85% of the total MBA seats in Maharashtra are filled through the MAH CET score.
MAH CET 2021: Examination Schedule (Tentative)
Base on the past schedules that have been followed by the MAH CET MBA entrance exam below is the tentative schedule for 2021. However, students are advised to keep visiting the official website of MAHA CET.
|MAH CET 2021 Application Start Date||2nd week of January, 2021|
|MAH CET 2021 Last Date to Apply||3rd week of February, 2021|
|MAH CET 2021 Admit Card Release Date||1st Week of March, 2021|
|MAH CET 2021 Exam Date||3rd Week of March, 2021|
|MAH CET 2021 Result Declaration||Last Week of May, 2021|
|MAH CET MBA 2021 Counseling||June-July 2021|
- These dates are tentative and subject to change.
Top Colleges Accepting MAH CET Score
While over 300 colleges in Maharashtra accept MAH CET score for admission into MBA programs, here are the top 15 colleges
|Top MBA Colleges Accepting MAH CET Score||Cut-Off Percentile|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies||More than 99 percentile|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education||More than 99 percentile|
|K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research||More than 99 percentile|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||More than 99 percentile|
|Department of Management Sciences||More than 99 percentile|
|SIES College of Management Studies||More than 99 percentile|
|N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research||More than 99 percentile|
|Mumbai Educational Trust||More than 99 percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research||More than 99 percentile|
|Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research||More than 99 percentile|
|IES Management College and Research Centre||More than 98 percentile|
|Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management||More than 98 percentile|
|Thakur Institute of Management||Between 95 to 98 percentile|
|Rizvi Institute of Management||Between 95 to 98 percentile|
|St. Francis Institute of Management and Research||Between 95 to 98 percentile|
So, if you have made up your mind to write this state-level MBA entrance exam, then start preparing for it. Remember, this exam requires a lot of practice. You have to solve 200 questions in 150 minutes. So despite being easy, unless you have done sufficient practice you may not complete all the questions. For this, you need to get some good MBA entrance preparation books.
To help you out, we have handpicked the best practice books for MAH CET MBA.
Best Books for MAH CET 2021
|Name of the Book||Written By||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr. R S Aggarwal||Check Price|
|A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal||BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali||Check Price|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Check Price|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Dr. R S Aggarwal||Check Price|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay||Check Price|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Trishna Knowledge Systems||Check Price|